Thursday, October 23, 2014

Linked Post: Messorah and Royalty, A Yom Kippur Experience at K’hal Adath Jeshurun by Daniel Adler

Messorah and Royalty

A Yom Kippur Experience at K’hal Adath Jeshurun

by Daniel Adler

"I had the good fortune to daven at K’hal Adath Jeshurun (KAJ – ‘Breuer’s’) this past
Yom Kippur (2013); since that time I have debated if I should put my experience in
writing. An article in a local publication convinced me that sharing this experience may
be worthwhile. Although when it comes to minhagim I personally follow Rav Binyomin
Shlomo Hamburger of Machon Moreshes Ashkenaz (MMA- www.moreshesashkenaz.org),
the differences between KAJ and MMA are minimal and generally nothing to be uptight
over.

"Being of German-Jewish descent and involved with MMA, I have wanted to attend KAJ
for Yom Kippur for many years and when the opportunity arose I was about as excited
for Yom Kippur as one can be."

continue

No comments:

Post a Comment